Monday, October 29, 2007

Dreaming in Novel Vision

Ever dream a book?

Me neither. At least not an entire book in one night. But I do dream up ideas while I'm sleeping, or envision a scene which will wind up with a whole novel revolving around it. I love those dreams, even though they're more like nightmares since I write suspense.

The other morning, I woke at 5 am with an attempted rape scene still uncomfortably clear in my head. I grabbed a pen and notebook and scribbled down the bare bones. That was 3 days ago, and the scene is still fresh in my mind. Characters are forming and conflict is perculating.

Uh-oh. I feel another book coming on...

Goodbye to the next 9 months of my life. Ha!

2 comments:

Paty Jager said...

I love that you can come up with story ideas from your dreams! I have stupid dream, if I have them. I'm not a big dreamer when I sleep.

It's great to know you are back in the writing mode. I want to be. Hoping to hop back in my book by Wednesday.

Danita Cahill said...

I'll bet you dream all sorts of stuff, Paty, you just don't remember all those cowboys when you awaken!

Good luck getting time to write on your own book again.